Friday, March 7, 2014

Roasted Carrots and Parsnips

 
My family has been trying to eat healthier, so I've been trying some Weight Watchers recipes that met the approval of a baby (who spits everything out), a two year old (who thinks Fruit Snacks is it's own food group), a picky husband (who will try anything once but wont "retry" later if he doesn't like it) and a lazy cook (me). So if all of us eat it, it's a winner. Here's one I thought you'd enjoy.


 
  • Preheat oven to 400˚F. Coat a shallow nonstick roasting pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
  • Place vegetables on prepared pan; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes; flip vegetables and roast until vegetables start to caramelize, about 10 to 20 minutes more. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving. *3 points*


  •                            Tips
    • The parsnips are a beast to cut, so make sure you have a really good knife.
    • If you're like me, you don't know what a parsnip is. I found them next to the carrots. They look like carrots but white.

    
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment