Monday, September 22, 2014

Be Still and Know That I am God

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

I've been seeing this verse everywhere lately. It seems as though the Lord may be trying to tell me something. Sometimes when you're dealt a bad deck of cards, it feels like your good deck of cards will never show up. This is when your faith is being tested.

At times, life gets in the way and you find yourself disconnected from the Lord. But don't lose hope.He is still there. You just need to be still. Such a hard concept for us humans to grasp...such a hard concept for me to grasp...

So when I woke up with back pain so excruciating I could barely walk, I HAD to literally be still. I was humbled by my husband doing everything for me. All I could do was sit and rest...and I felt so guilty for it. I'd pray to the Lord, "Heal me quickly Lord so I can help my family." But that's not what He wanted. He wanted me to be still. 

And then when my back healed, I found myself up all night with my first migraine. I sat in the recliner at 3 am praying, " Lord take this from me." Was He keeping me up so I would listen to Him?

Sometimes I think we get so busy with LIVING, that we forget to stop and enjoy LIFE. We run ourselves into the ground trying to do too many things at one time. So when the opportunity came to spend a week at the beach, I gladly took it. It wasn't necessarily restful, (when is vacation ever restful with little ones?) but it was peaceful. A few mornings I would take the time to walk on the beach alone. Most people walked in pairs...but so was I. I was walking with The Lord. The sun would be rising and the sky would be a beautiful shade of pink. And I would take that time to breathe deeply and thank God for His blessings.
 
One evening, The Hubs and I took the kids on a short beach walk. We took some beautiful pictures with the sun setting. And I realized my blessings are right before my eyes. My husband, my kids, time with my God...all a blessing. God never said hard times wouldn't come, but He did make one request...during those crippling times, BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD. He will go through it with you. He will walk with you each step of the way.

You know how the old saying goes, "When it rains, it pours." Well I'll add to that, "If you weather the storm, you will always find JOY IN THE RAIN."



Walking with the Lord in the morning. Good for the heart and soul




 


Because sometimes it's seeing pictures like these that remind me of what living is all about...


















Fishing at Sunset


Papow and Mamow enjoying precious moments with two of their grand babies.

Baby Boy thinks he's papow.


The Pirate Dinner Voyage







 Our Family of Five

















Spending Precious Moments with All Three Babies

Tiny Blessing isn't so tiny anymore. 27 weeks with my third beautiful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment