Thursday, March 26, 2015

Burgers and Blessings

Sometimes the smell of a good burger just seems to draw you in. And you end up doing crazy things like taking three kids inside just to eat one of those terribly bad for you burgers!

So "flying solo" momma decided to take the risk and go on in. As soon as we sat down and ordered our drinks, I told the waitress,"Could you bring the fries out first. I feel a meltdown coming on." And she completely got my drift. Within seconds, fries for all were sat in the middle of the table and the kids went wild. 

The entire dinner went surprisingly well. The only real tough part was when Baby Girl had to "go." So all four of us had to load up and take her to the bathroom. 

My "almost 4 year old" held hands with her "almost 2 year old brother" to the
bathroom. And I followed behind with Tiny. As we walked past two women chowing down on burgers and milkshakes, I heard one say to the other,"I can't believe she wanted another one." 

At first, I thought about how rude they were and wanted to turn around and say something equally nasty. But I bit my tongue and moved on...not wanting Baby Girl to hear what I might say.

I have no positive ending to this story but only to say that sometimes happiness is what you make of it. I'm not gonna lay down and die just because I have three kids. No, I'm gonna say,"Get your shoes on kids. We've got beautiful places to see and momma can't wait to see your equally beautiful smile."

I love these kids. They are not a burden. They are a blessing. Sure, it's tough but as I look back at my life, there were a lot of other tough kidless and lonely moments too. The joy in this part of my life is getting to spend each day with three tiny little blessings that see the beauty in the small things.








No comments:

Post a Comment