Monday, August 3, 2015

Belle Isle


Breathtaking view of the city of Richmond, VA.
I've been tired of the same old parks for play dates lately, so I started the Friday Field Trip. Basically, I find a unique place to visit and ask other mommas to come along  for the adventure.

So I started googling cool parks in the Richmond area and Belle Isle came up. Basically, it's in the city right along the James River. You have to travel on a footbridge to get there. But once we arrived, it was amazing!

My friend Shannon was so excited to be along with me on our journey. She is such a spontaneous person like me, so you can imagine we get along fabulously." My friend Lyn (our tour guide), knew exactly where to go and had so many interesting things to tell us about Belle Isle. She's moving at the end of the month, so this time spent with her was so valuable to me. I'm going to miss her.

Baby Girl wasn't able to join us because she went to her first camp, "Dollie and Me."

 
Parking was tight. But the "Mom Squad" was able to smush our cars in there together.

All the kiddos thinking us moms were crazy for taking a thousand pictures. Say, "Cheese." Love how Baby Boy sits so manly.


Walking on the footbridge which was underneath a huge bridge!



View from the footbridge.


Tiny's face is priceless!


Breathtaking view of the city of Richmond, VA.


View of the James River.

Kayakers enjoying the water. I wanted to be in one of those kayaks so bad!

All the people sunbathing on the rocks.

I had to take this picture for my brother. That is a picture of kids rock climbing over a pond!

 

The kids were so quiet...I guess they were taking it all in.


Kipton and his girlfriend.

Kipton was fascinated with the ducks :) And yes, that's a leash for him. Believe me, its for his own good!!!!

Ms. Lyn and her crew plus Kipton. He was so happy that day!

Splashing in the water while sitting on a rock.

Her face. I could just eat her up!!!! Pure cuteness.

He loved getting his toes wet.

Kipton is such a lady's man.


I think in this picture, I was wishing I was wearing my bathing suit. The water was so warm.

More kayakers. Possible future date night with The Hubs?

Isn't that such a beautiful view of the city on our walk back?


We did it! As you can see, they were all tuckered out. And us mommas were extra proud of ourselves for embarking on an adventure.

 
Always a gentleman with the ladies ;)

Picking up the girls after their special day. Baby Girl is posing with one of her best friends.

Singing a song with their new hairdo's and makeup.


This picture captures what friendship is all about...even if they are only four years old.


Baby Girl got to dress up like Anna :)

Waiting on us to pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment