Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pottery Barn Inspired Nautical Nursery



 








My husband had decided from Day 1 that he wanted to help create a nautical nursery for his son. So this time, we both went to Pottery Barn Kids and ooo'ed and aww'ed over all the beautiful boy bedding. I had seen that my ultimate dream boy bedding was on sale online, so I asked one of the employees if it was also on sale in the store. If so, this would be my one splurge purchase.

"Yes, it is. And the last one left," she said.

Still a splurge purchase but it was even more discounted than online! We had to get it! The Harper Nursery Quilt, Dust Ruffle and Crib Sheet are the only items in Baby Boy's room from Pottery Barn. Everything else was homemade.

My husband made the paddles after being inspired by $80 paddles from Pottery Barn. His cost $7! He purchased them on Amazon and used left over house paint to paint them.

I made the nursery mobile after discovering what I wanted on Etsy was over $100. Mine cost $15.

The furniture was also shipped from Amazon with free shipping if you are a member of Amazon Mom!

The couch came from IKEA (great deals by the way) and in case it ever gets stained, the slip cover only costs $35 to replace.

His wall decal came from Decal Dali, an online store and his quilt was monogrammed by Mackenzie Grace in Short Pump, VA. They did an amazing job!

We are proud of our creation but even more proud of all the money we saved by looking for discounts and doing it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment