Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pottery Barn Inspired Butterfly Bedroom



  

Duvet and Dust Ruffle I made using IKEA fabric.
When every woman finds out that she is having a little girl, her mind races with ideas of how she will decorate the nursery. And so she hops into her car and drives to the nearest Pottery Barn Kids, falls in love with the little girl rooms and is disheartened when she walks right back outside with no purchase in hand because everything in the store was way to expensive.

So just like MML and my own mom I secretly said under my breath, "I can make that." And so that is what I did. I redecorated Baby Girl's room when I converted her to a toddler bed. The first thing I did was decide on my theme and splurge item. I could splurge on only one item- Glenda Jean Butterfly's above her bed. Everything else was homemade.
Her Reading Corner with Tulle Butterflies/Flowers I made.

Curtains made from same IKEA fabric.
 
Left over fabric was used to place in front of photo frames on mirror.

 


Canopy Netting with Tulle Flowers. One roll of tulle, needle, thread, and rhinestones make very cute flowers.

Her Name with Stenciled Butterflies and Lady Bugs

The Butterfly Splurge Item
Glenda Jean Butterflies




No comments:

Post a Comment