Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Charleston, West Virginia Mini Trip















The Hubs had to go to Charleston, West Virginia for a meeting with work and I dreaded being alone for two days. I just don't like being apart from him. So he graciously took three preschoolers and his dear wife with him :) What a great dad, aye! It was such a fun mini-trip. Some of the highlights were exploring the Kanawha River, visiting the Charleston Town Center Mall Play Patch and swimming in the pool one evening at the hotel. Here's some pictures we took of our little adventure.
Breathtaking views of the mountains.
 
On our walk we found a little park right beside the hotel.
 

 
Exploring the Kanawha River.
 
 
Baby Girl couldn't believe she got to dance on the whole stage by herself.A little  singer/dancer in the making. Baby Boy was more interested in running, running and more running.
 
 
 
On our walk, all of the residents from Charleston wanted to talk to us on the dock. They were soooo friendly. It's rare to have anyone be so friendly with us in Richmond.
 
The big ship thing that came to my rescue the next day.
 
 
 
The Charleston Town Center Mall had a great play area called The Play Patch. Baby Girl was so excited to play in the Big Broccoli.
 
Tiny thought this was so much fun.
 
Cuteness overload.
 
 
 
 
Daddy was in his meeting, so the kids and I went on our own adventure. It happened to involve candy and Build a Bear.
 
 
 
Baby Boy went straight to the dinosaur :)
 
 
Baby Girl had to have My Little Pony's Twilight Sparkle.
 
 
 
 
He had to hold it the whole way back to the hotel.
 
 
 
Baby Girl fell and bloodied her knee so I smushed her into the diaper bag compartment of the stroller and pushed them the whole way back.
 
We got slightly lost on the way back. But saw some amazing buildings and finally the big ship thing which meant we had made it back to the hotel.
 
How do you keep a baby quiet while her brother sleeps in the hotel room? Lay some towels in the tub and let her play there!
 
Yes we all hung out in the bathroom for 2 hours. Ha!
 
For some reason, it was really cool to playon top  of the air conditioner in the hotel room ;)
 
I'm so glad I get to spend my life with him. I never imagined that 15 years ago, when I saw this cute boy in choir class that we would eventually marry, have three kids and serve God through the day to day joys and trials of our marriage. I'm so glad he's my partner in crime ;)






 


No comments:

Post a Comment