Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Nothing More Sweeter


There is nothing more sweeter than spending time with family...especially when your sister calls you up and asks if she can come visit with her two kids. 

"Yay!" I say, "Come on, I'm excited to see you."

It was a wonderful four days with them. We visited a few places, had lunch out a few times and in the evening when we were so tired to get off the couch we would just sit and talk. 

"There's a certain vibe you get when you're around your sister," my husband said.

"It's the sister vibe Dale. As kids, we would spend hours in each other's rooms late at night talking. It's a comfortableness that only sisters have."


And for that I'm so thankful for the sister and brother God gave me. Even as we age, I still find great comfort in hearing their voices or getting a phone call from one of them. Although we don't live close anymore (something I sometimes regret), I know my love for both my sister and brother will be there til the end.

Because pictures taken are a memory I enjoy looking back on, I have compiled some photos of our trip for you to look at and for me to keep in my heart forever...

Taking a leisurely walk to get the wiggles out:)

Vannah and her youngest daughter.

Come on let's take a selfie. You do the "crazy fake half smile and I'll do the so happy you can't even see my teeth" smile.

Come on girls, let's get out of here. Momma's gone nuts.
The youngest munchkin so proud to be walking by herself.
Baby Girl being the "mother hen" to her sister and cousin. She loved helping them.
The three year olds decided to join in on the group picture.
The two baby cousins enjoying bath time.
My niece looks to be having the time of her life!
Popcorn on a blanket is the best.
Playing at Cartwheels and Coffee.

Baby Girl reading to her cousin.
Tiny is not happy that her food is not here NOW!
Tiny being a big kid and climbing the tree trunks at Short Pump Mall.
What better place to be than inside a tree trunk;)
Train time! Baby Boy would not stop asking me to buy a Tee Kit for the train.
He is so so happy! His wish came true.
The first time she has ever understood and been excited about riding something.
A momma and her son...there's just something about hugging him tight. 
Look at the littlest's cute smile and Izzy helping out again.

Sweet Smiles From All Three Beautiful Girls:)
Baby Boy being a gentleman and holding his cousin's hand.
Any days a great day to climb a house.
After visiting Hobby Lobby they came home and made necklaces with their names on them.
Or maybe it's a halo.
Such a precious picture of my niece. She really had a good time.


Baby Boy sticking his butt infront of the swings to make them hit him. Non stop laughter.



Like I said,"There's nothing sweeter than family coming to visit and there's nothing more hard to do than hug them goodbye when it's to time go home. I love you Vannah! I had the very best time.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! I couldn't have said it better myself. Nothing like the bond between siblings and sisters. We miss you already and Addy's been planning your family's visit to our house. Can't wait to see you again! Love you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Love all the pics! It reminds me a lot of my sisters and I and my kids with their cousins. What a joyful and wonderful bond.

    ReplyDelete