Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Life in This Country Town

I have exciting news to share and it involves turning my prayers into praises. Our home is under contract! As you all read in my blog, The Potter's Hand, we acted on faith and purchased our "Growing Up Home." It's the home, the kids will do homework in, play forever outside in and eventually take prom pictures on the staircase. We are in awe of God's timing and goodness. Because of our faith move, we've been anxiously waiting for the Lord to do something with our old house. At times, we've questioned our decision, feeling irresponsible for moving without selling the house but the Lord has shown us that He is a good and faithful God. Thank you Lord! This is a major stress off our backs.

Life in this country community is wonderful. I can't help but meet several people at the local Food Lion or park and talk for what seems like hours. It's a community where you'll hear the cashier say to a customer,"Well I'll be praying for you." And I imaginarily lift my hands to God and say,"Thank you Jesus! I feel home again." 

It's also a family centered community. I've noticed that the local moms  really value time with their kids. It makes my heart happy to see family being in the forefront of people's lives. This past Saturday, we took the kids to the local park and found a softball game going on and a unique event the little ones could participate in,"Art in the Park." The kids loved it! It was very relaxed and carefree. Afterwards we took a walk through the woods to find adventure.

So simply put, the Lord has proven time and time again to be faithful. There are countless examples in my life of waiting on God...infertility, medical scares, employment and now our house. Why do I ever doubt the Lord is listening? I suppose I need to work on not being a "Doubting Thomas." Thank you Lord for being so faithful. I'm forever grateful and in awe of Your Power.

“Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe." Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe." Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."”
John 20:24-29 ESV






2 comments: