Sunday, October 28, 2018

Sometimes Changes Require Adjusting


  
New changes are always welcome, even if they require some adjusting. Over the last year, Dale’s job has had him traveling at least three days each week. After months of praying to the Lord, things have finally changed. His new office is at HOME! So even when he travels, it doesn’t feel so bad with him working from home on the off days. Naturally, we have had to do some adjusting to accommodate this change to both our lives. For starters, we created him an office space in the basement so McKinlea could be as loud as she wanted and my running the vacuum didn’t interrupt his calls. He realized that I nap from 1:30-2 everyday...so don’t wake the beast.  And I had to learn that just because he’s home doesn’t mean I can leave McKinlea with him to get groceries. Hey now, don’t tell me the idea of kid-free shopping doesn’t sound wonderful to you! ;) 

Besides the changes, we are fully settling in and thanking God for answered prayers. If you would have told me on our wedding day that we would move four times, have three babies, change companies three times, and deal with a grueling travel schedule all within 11 years, I would have said,”Nah, your joking me.” But now I know that when God put us together it was for a divine reason. He knew our love would take us further than we anticipated. He knew that we would have to rely on HIS GRACE to get through this thing called marriage. And He knew that we were better together, than apart. Tonight, I’m thanking God for answered prayers, even if it was in a totally different way than I expected. It’s nice to have my best friend home again. 

“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:9‬

No comments:

Post a Comment