Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Surrounded by You



“It may look like I’m surrounded, but I’m surrounded by You.” I’ve been hearing this song over and over in my head today. It surely must be whispers from God. 

Do people ever hurt you? The answer for me is simply, yes. And sometimes, it’s the people we share our heart with that hurt us the most. But before you get excited and start wondering what gossip I may write about, this isn’t what you think it is. This is a message about praise.

Isaiah 61:3 says,” a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness.” So today, instead of staying hurt and mad, I chose to play this song and praise God. In the comfort of my own living room, I placed my hands over my face and spoke to the Lord as if He were there beside me. Immediate peace filled my heart and comforted my soul. Then I opened my Bible app and searched for verses on suffering. Do you know what the first verse was? 

“The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.” Psalms 34:7 NKJV


You see, the Lord was beside me. Everyday actually. And He is beside you too. It only takes a moment to stop thinking and begin praying to feel His spirit move in your life. Some may say that I’m crazy. But I know the difference between a hurtful spirit and a peaceful one. Take the time to pray. It doesn’t require eloquent speech but a heart of surrender.