Monday, April 7, 2014

DC Dino Trip


"Wouldn't it be so great if we could take all the kids to see the Smithsonian Natural History Museum, before it closes in April?" one of us said around the dinner table one night. 

"Yah, that would be fun," we all agreed in disbelief that it would ever happen.

I joked, "We could rent a bus and take all 17 of us down there."

And that's how this crazy idea got started, one month ago. The Hubs and I are apart of a Table Group of similar families. We all eat together once a month, just to socialize with each other. Our kids love each other so it seemed like a good idea-even though slightly crazy on our part :)

One night one of the girls facebooked me and said,"Are you serious about going to DC?"

With a little hesitation, I bravely said,"Yessss, let's do this."

I also asked my sister and her family to come. I missed my sister and knew Baby Girl's cousin would really enjoy seeing the dinosaurs. 

8 adults
9 children (under the age of 5)
4 umbrella strollers
1 triple stroller and about 
1000 diapers

Here are the pictures of our fun Dino Trip...

 
We all loaded in the car excited to see the dinosaurs.

The Capitol


 

Oh you know, just hanging out at the Capitol!

Cousin Lovin'
 
 
 

 Dinner at Article One


 A slightly stressful trip in the Metro at Union Station : )

Breakfast at Union Station. I'm surprised there was a table large enough for us.

 
 
 
 
"Hey Kippy Kippy!"
 
Playing outside the Natural History Museum early that morning.
 
 
 
Woah! That's a huge elephant!

I think I was remembering the good ole days of teaching Earth Science...definitely in my element.

Some of the guys...such troopers!

She was so brave to hold that grasshopper!


A picnic at the National Mall
 
 
 
 
 
 

 A ride on the carosel! Such happy kids!

The Aerospace Museum...Baby Girl getting ready to go inside an old American Airlines plane.

 
 
 

Just your average hotel party...the kids zoned out to Frozen.
All 17 of us eating at The Dubliner! Best Corned Beef and Cabbage ever. Highly recommend Guinness or a Tipperary Hill if you'd like to try an Irish drink.


Family 1
Family 1
Family 2
 
 
Family 3
 
Family 4 
 
 I still cannot believe that we all braved DC with 9 children but now-looking back at the pictures, I realize even though it was stressful at times, we've created very special memories for our children but more importantly for us, as parents. This Bible Verse popped into my head so I think I'll share it:
 
 

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
 
Philippians 4:8 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kim, This looks like a fun trip. You look so beautiful in all of these pics! I'm not going to lie I got a little nervous thinking about trips with baby girls when she arrives! You are all awesome parents for embracing the stress and creating great memories!

    ReplyDelete