Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pregnancy Blessings

Christmas will come early for The Hubs and I this year. We have so much to be thankful for but one of the most important things is that we hit the 20 week mark! And on Tuesday we find out if Baby #2 is a boy or girl! I will be sure to post a blog on that!!!

This pregnancy has been completely different than Baby Girl's! For instance, with Baby Girl I craved OJ and tomatoes (which are both her favorite) and with this pregnancy I have craved pretty much anything meat related: hamburgers with mayo and cheese (I never liked them before), bacon and salt. Oh my gosh! Writing that down now just seems so awful. Does that sound like a boy to you or what? Or maybe a tomboy : )

But then again, my moods have been off the chart this pregnancy. Just ask The Hubs... poor guy. I cry at the drop of a hat, stay exhausted the whole time and have very little patience. My girlfriends say this is probably just because I have to take care of a toddler. As compared to my first pregnancy when I didn't have to take care of anyone at all! I have to agree with them...pregnancy with the 2nd child is definitely ALOT more exhausting than the first.


Baby #2 has also become very active. I started feeling the flutters at about 14 weeks. I know that sounds early but when you already know what to expect, you notice it sooner. Last night was the first time I actually got to see the whole belly move when the baby kicked. It instantly made me smile for two reasons: 1) I remembered my belly doing that with Baby Girl and 2) It reminded me that Baby #2 is active and healthy.


Pregnancy can be such a beautiful time for a woman. It is especially for me because it thrills my heart to know God has allowed me to experience it once more. I feel more beautiful when I'm pregnant...even though my belly is getting HUGE! I have gained less weight with this pregnancy but i look sooooo much bigger. I suppose it's because the 2nd time around all your muscles are already stretched out. Just take a look at the pictures of when I was pregnant with Baby Girl at 21 weeks and now Baby #2.








20 Weeks Pregnant with Baby #2


21 weeks pregnant with Baby Girl and the very last picture is
of me holding Baby Girl for the first time.



One of the major differences between this pregnancy and the last is now I know exactly what I want to do and what not to do during labor and after the baby is born. I like "being in the know" with this pregnancy as compared to the first when I didn't have a clue. For example...

1) Bring on the epidural! Yes, I will be going through labor til about 7-8 cm but I want the epidural after that point. I know it's going to be painful and I am fully accepting of the fact that I am gonna need some help : )

Memories of Baby Girl's Birth before the contractions REALLY got tough. The Sis and I goofing off : )
2) I would like to think that I won't get induced. However, Baby Girl decided to stick around til her due date and I got impatient and evicted her. I know that by the time I hit 40 weeks, I will probably want to serve this baby an eviction notice too : )

3) I will be exclusively pumping. What! Nobody does that, you may be thinking. But hello, I do and I enjoy it. I like being able to pull a bottle out at restaurant and say to The Hubs, "Here, it's your turn to feed." I'm not worried about milk production because I will start Fenugreek and Mother's Milk Tea as soon as the baby is born. Be careful with that stuff if you try it (I was pumping 50 oz a day at the very end)!

4) I will be bringing a small can of Similac Soy Formula to the hospital in case the baby still wants more. I know it's difficult to produce a lot of milk in the beginning. Why soy? Well, because every child born on The Hubs side of the family seems to have an early lactose intolerance. Baby Girl exorcist vomited the first night in the hospital because of regular formula. It was much later, did we find out she had lactose intolerance. I will also be cutting out dairy for a few months until the baby grows out of it.

5) And last, I will be bringing a paci to the hospital. Those things are life savers. Hopefully, Baby #2 will take one : ) You see, pumping has its' good points too. You can start the paci as soon as you want!

So that's all for now. If you have any great 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time around tips for me, bring it on! I'd love to hear your advice.

I'll be posting sometime after Tuesday about Baby #2's gender!!!! Keep Reading : )



Early Christmas Present to Myself this Year. Don't You Love it?!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't get that epidural at 20 weeks...I mean for me! - The Hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I pumped exclusively with R too! I know it's odd...I tried to BF but it just didn't work for us, so I pumped till she turned 7 months. It was a lot of work, but you're right...it's so nice when you can get help with feeding. It sounds like you are doing GREAT (as always). So proud of your blogs and your desire to keep growing in Christ. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,

    I always enjoy finding out that others mom's out there pump too! It's reassuring that I'm not the only one that will do whatever it takes for my baby to have breast milk. Thanks for always encouraging me and lifting me up!

    The Hubs,

    Your joke about you receiving an epidural...okay I understand. This pregnancy has been crazy on my moods and especially for you : ) Thanks for being so patient with me. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete