Monday, February 8, 2016

Burlap Wreath Making



I've wanted to write a craft blog for a long time. Pinterest has some pretty amazing wreaths that look so intimidating to make. So at first, (being intimidated in my own ability) I looked at Michaels to see how much one would cost premade. "No thank you," I said with raised eyebrows. "I can make that way cheaper!" I invited two crafty friends up to have a wreath making party while the guys watched the Super Bowl.  

It really is quite simple. I'll explain in my blog what we did...


First we watched two YouTube tutorials on making a burlap wreath. You can check out the videos below.




 
Secondly, we bought what we could on clearance. DecoMesh and Burlap can get expensive if you don't buy on sale or have a coupon. I've found a lot of my decomesh on clearance at WalMart and at At Home, a store in Chesterfield Towne Center. Hobby Lobby has a wide variety but it would help to have a 40% of coupon.

 
And last, we had fun with it. The great thing about making a wreath is that everything is secured with pipe cleaners. So if you don't like how something looks you can just undo the pipe cleaner and reposition. Nothing is permanent! Here, you can see that my friend isn't finished with her wreath yet. But once she tucks the pipe cleaners inside the wreath, you wont even be able to tell that pipe cleaners hold all that material together.


Here is another example of a different way to make your wreath. It is also tied together with pipe cleaners. Amazing!

We all had a great time. Sometimes it's better to craft with friends than by yourself. It's easy to chit chat and laugh with one another. 

My last bit of advice for you; It doesn't have to be perfect. That's the joy in crafting. You get to make it your own and put your own personality into it with color choices and add ons. Have fun with it. And once you hang it on the door, be prepared for people to say,"I love your wreath. Where did you get it?!" And this is where you get to proudly say,"I made it. I'd love for you to come over sometime and make one with me." Wreath making is a perfect  opportunity to fellowship with one another.


Now if Spring could get here a little quicker, that would be great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment