Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How We Survived The Blizzard of 2016

 









Our first snow day week of 2016 has been successful. I can look around our NOW untidy house and know that the kids had a good week. According to Baby Boy, "It was berry colllld." Baby Girl followed up with,"Come look mommmmmm. It's covered the stairs!" And of course, Tiny was oblivious to it all and was just content playing in her little playhouse (she loves to climb under the living room table and talk to a few of her toys). 

The first day and a half was fine. The kids played inside, The Hubs and I organized EVERY.SINGLE.CLOSET in the house, and we even went outside twice. But Baby Boy didn't care for his hands being cold...well, actually he screamed when he got snow on his hands. That's my fault though. I never bought them water resistant gloves. But who would have known we would have been stuck in a blizzard? I mean seriously, you can't judge me too harshly.

 










 
Too funny not to post!
Baby Boy looks puzzled.
An actual snow drift on the window seal! That only happens on the Christmas Little House on the Prairie movie, right?
Baby Boy looked at the playhouse with all the snow on it and stated that Santa lived there :)
Baby Girl came down the stairs all dressed up. She said, "Momma, I'm different than everyone else." I looked at her all puffed up with pride for dressing herself and I said, "Yes, honey you sure are."
We decided to break out the paints and let them go to town on some artwork.










Playing in her playhouse. She started the stage of enjoying to carry her toys around in whatever she can find...a cup, a halloween bag, a lunch box, etc.



Approximately 19.5 inches later, time to go outside.










 



Trying to comfort her fallen sister.





Snow Surfing.
Hands were cold! Screaming, lots of crying. Dale tried to give him his gloves. Did not work. So....
We went inside to warm up those hands with hot chocolate.

Someone was much happier.

Hot Chocolate from a sippy cup works too :)



Baby Girl REALLY enjoyed this. We worked on patterns.
They are the best of friends. It was hard work being pregnant so close with all my kids but I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world now. I love that they are so close.


I thought everyone would enjoy hot chicken soup after they were finished playing outside. So early one morning I started boiling a whole chicken and chopping up zucchini,carrots,celery and onions. No noodles though and added my favorite, cilantro, at the end. Hot soup warms you from the inside out.





It is Monday now and our roads still haven't been plowed. This is Day 4 of being stuck in the house. Momma is gettin' desperate. I actually dug out the pipecleaners (which I found while organizing) and pony beads to make jewelry with the kids. Next on the list is painting hand and foot prints. But after that, I'm all out of ideas. Let's pray they plow the roads VERY SOON! Enjoy the rest of the pictures :)
 
 
This is how we have been cooling down our cream of wheat in the morning.
 
First Pigtails!
 
 
 
So much snow we were able to make a slide out of the snow on the back stairs!
 
Photography Credit: Baby Girl

Baby Girl kept talking to herself saying, "Be strong and courageous."


Trampoline Snow


Making Pony Bead Suncatchers!



Day 6: They never plowed our road. So I ended up painting the girls pictures for their rooms. I am still in the process of painting Baby Boy's. I also got into refinishing our kitchen table and picture frame with chalk paint. THEN still being stuck inside, I ended up painting a beach scene for our DIY Drop Zone. It's safe to say, I went a little stir crazy in the house. Ha! But the flip side of this is that I discovered a new past time that I enjoy. It was very relaxing to paint during the kids' quiet time instead of using social media. Here's the finished products.
Taking a day to paint pictures for the kids' rooms.


Handprint Flowers and a Footprint Butterfly

 
Handprint Mermaids using the kids' handprints.


Refinishing the kitchen table using Dixie Belle Chalk Paint and Glaze.
Painted an IKEA frame with Dixie Belle Chalk Paint and then painted a beach scene to remind me of warmer days ;)


1 comment: