Monday, July 9, 2012

Running "Feel Good" Changes and a Little Park Time

So I’ve been meaning to update everyone on the running program but with this terrible heat wave it has been near impossible to run.  However, I stuck through it for another two weeks and have noticed some pretty major changes.
Woohoo! My knees are getting stronger. Thank God because it was pretty painful to start out with. My brother (a physically fit army guy) told me that I shouldn’t run on concrete if I don’t want my knees to hurt. But I don’t have any other option when I push a stroller and live in an area with a  sea of concrete. So I’m stretching and only running three days a week now. Hopefully, I will be able to add another day soon.
Secondly, I do sleep through the night when I run now. I’m just so wore out from out from doing all that activity… and of course chasing around a one year old all day long exhausts me too : )
Other little changes that I notice are that I seem to feel calmer and more relaxed. My clothes are starting to feel looser too. Last week I measured myself and had lost three inches...but again, the major “feel good” changes are what I’m putting more emphasis on.
 The best news of all is that I can run three minutes without stopping! I do this four times…making that a grand total of 12 minutes running! I am very pleased with my progress. I never thought that after having a kid I could do that again. I feel so much stronger and more confident in myself.  So isn’t that a much healthier goal than worrying about my image? I’m taking charge and feeling great doing it.




My mother and I posing with Baby Girl after the run.

Taking a break to play at a park.






Baby Girl was so excited to play at the park midway through the run!


Papow pushing Sleeping Baby Girl in the stroller.








2 comments:

  1. That's great Kim!!! I need to take some lessons from you, lol. Your mom looks great and of course Lil Miss is getting so big so fast like Maddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candi! Maddie is beautiful as ever : )

    ReplyDelete