Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Memory Maker

Sometimes I go through these slumps where I don't want to blog. I have so many ideas floating around in my head and pictures I want to post, but by the time Baby Girl takes a nap I'm ready for a nap myself. And sometimes I think the Lord wants you to take a step back and enjoy your life, instead of worrying about the "next" thing you have to do. So that's what I've been doing the past few weeks. Enjoying the little moments that make this life so special.

Recently, we took a family trip to the mountains and Baby Girl went Trick or Treating with her cousins. It was peaceful and fun. I took a nap every single day because the grandparents were there to watch her. Thank God for grandparents! One day, I took a walk outside by myself and looked at the cabin signs. One in particular stood out to me and it got me thinkin'...The Memory Maker Cabin. You know, we make memories with our children every single day. But it's up to us to make sure those memories are good ones. As I walked, I thought about making sure Baby Girl remembers my smile more than my frown, my laugh more than my tears, and The Hubs and I hugging more than us fussing. It's our responsibility to make sure those memories are good ones. We don't get a choice on the idea of making memories all together but the one choice we do get is what kind of memories are made.

I can't even explain how excited I was for her to try all those new things. That's what makes going on a vacation with a little one so much fun for the adults. I loved seeing her reaction to riding the carosel, I loved when she fell asleep on the train with The Hubs, and I loved seeing her run around the kitchen each night with her cousins. Here's some pictures of our trip for you to enjoy. And remember...make sure your Memory Maker only contains good memories for your children : )

Halloween Night



Her first piece of candy.



Walking to the stores for candy.


The Family All Together



Getting candy from the candy store (you'd think they'd give good candy but it was like tootsie rolls).


Cousin Fiona and Baby Girl's Aunt

Cousin Shrek and Baby Girl's Uncle

Look at Daddy's smile. That's how happy we were to go trick or treating with her.



Grandparents with all their grandkids



The Aquarium



Baby Girl didn't smile the whole time...I think she was in awe of all the fish ; )



Awwww Sharks!








Look how little she is compared to that Sting Ray!

Crawling in the Penguin Tunnel




Horses and Stampedes

Baby Girl loved her dress!

Eating some popcorn and listening to Bluegrass.

Had to dance!!! This girl's got music in her blood : )


Dancing with her cousin.

Gettin' down!

"Who is this lady and why is she trying to twirl me around?"


Amusement Park Fun
The two cousins get asked if their twins...it's funny when we tell them, no but their momma and daddy are!






No comments:

Post a Comment