Thursday, March 14, 2013

He Knew I Needed Him

 

I'm changed for the better
More smiles, less bitter
I'm even starting to forgive myself
I hit my knee, I’m here I stand
There I was, now here I am
Changed
Yes I am
I’m changed for the better.

How Beautiful. I was driving in my car one evening while The Hubs was watching Baby Girl and this song came on the radio. I had never heard it before but HOW.BEAUTIFUL.

It may be hard to believe but when I would hear some people tell their story of accepting Jesus into their lives, I would be embarrassed for myself…questioning if my story was even for real. After all, I was only 12 years old when I gave my life to our Father. So many times I’ve thought, “I was just a kid. How did I really know what it meant to be saved? My story was so... normal. There were no terrible life experiences or regretful pasts to talk about…I was just a kid!”

And then I’d have a battle in my head. “Well am I really saved? Is this for real? Or now that I’m an adult maybe I should go through the process again…”

But you know what? I gave my life to the Father at the Exact. Right. Time. He wanted me too at 12 years old. He knew when He created me, I was going to be the type of person who questioned everything and had a hard time giving up control. He knew that I’d need Him during my teen years more than ever. And for that I am grateful. He knew that during my college years, I’d need a Heavenly Father to lean on during lonely times while The Hubs (who was then just my boyfriend) was in a completely different state. He knew I’d need Him during 2009, when I’d regrettably find out and struggle with the misdiagnosis of cancer. Even more, He knew I’d need to trust Him when I could do nothing on my own to get pregnant. And of course, all of this has happened in 28 years. I still have much more life to NEED HIM. So even though my story of accepting Jesus as Leader of My Life was only through a child’s eyes, He knew I was READY.

I came up out of the water
Raised my hands up to the Father
Gave it all to Him that day
Felt a new wind kiss my face
Walked away, Eyes wide open
Could finally see where I was going
It didn't matter where I'd been
I'm not the same woman I was then.

I got off track, I made mistakes
Back slid my way into that place where souls get lost
Lines get crossed
and the pain won’t go away
I hit my knees, Now here I stand
There I was, now here I am
Changed
 
 
Maybe you’ve been questioning your “Saved Story” and wondering if it was all for real. Take comfort in the knowledge that Your Father knows your heart and knows where and how to lead you in your life.

Maybe you’ve been wondering what it means to actually have a Heavenly Father-the Leader of Your Life. I encourage you to seek out someone who has already made that commitment. I encourage you to fall on your knees and say, “Lord, I can’t do it without You. I need You in my life.  I ask for You to come into my heart and life today. Change me. Make me new. I will follow You-All The Days of My Life.”

 

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

~ Matthew 19:25-26

 

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

~Romans 10:9-10

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Kim, what a great testimony! I, like you, don't have an amazing story either. I began my relationship with Christ at age 11...because He knew I would need him during my teen years too. God is so faithful! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, sorry for taking so long to respond to you! Thanks for your comment! You are so right. God is faithful to us and always has us on His mind. Wish you and I had gotten together more often back at Radford...it seems like we have so much in common : )

    ReplyDelete