Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This Home Ownership Thing


All our bags are packed and we are ready to go. Not too far away from the city but far enough that when I look out the window, I see Eastern Bluebirds and American Gold Finches in my yard. It has been so long since I've seen birds up close and I realize how much I missed it.

We are painting the house and hope to move in two days. It looks really good! The Hubs painted all weekend while I took off wall plates, taped the rooms and organized the kitchen. Where was Baby Girl? She has been on "vacation" with both sets of grandparents and
from what I hear she is LOVING it!
 
All weekend, The Hubs kept saying, "I love homeownership. You get to paint what you want, do whatever you want outside, there are so many things I get to do." And I'd continue working in the kitchen, listening to him and smiling because I was happy, he finally was beginning to feel not so trapped in a house that wasn't his.
 
For me, it's definitely got to be the sound of quiet. We took our camping chairs out to the house over the weekend and just sat outside. No sounds could be heard except for the wind blowing and an occassional bird. I had forgotten what quiet sounded like. No busy interstates or passing motorcycles to get me all stressed out. Just the sound of nothing and it reminded me that God is a still small voice. He is everywhere. Even in the suburbs, I would find God on my strolls with Baby Girl but He knows that my place of worship is really outside in the country.
 
Now don't get me wrong, we didn't move so far out that it takes a day to go to Wal-Mart but it is 5.5 miles away...and after living in the suburbs, 5.5 miles is a pretty big distance : )  In the suburbs, I could make it to Wal-Mart in 3 minutes. Now mind you, I'd have to "dress up" to go to the old Wal-Mart. But this new Wal-Mart in our new neighborhood completely shocked me. Let's just say, I loved it! I parked beside two trucks and people were walking in there with their jogging clothes on!

I kept thinking, "What! What! I don't have to actually dress to the nines anymore to go to Wal-Mart...this is awesome!"

I heard children saying, "Yes Mam," to their mother and when I actually went to pay for my groceries, I walked right up to a register. NO MORE waiting in line for ten minutes to pay for groceries! Yay!
 
Yes, it's a great place to be...this homeownership thing! Lord knows we have patiently waited since October 29th to hear about this house. The short sale process is HARD and my patience was surely tested. But the end result is so sweet.
 
"I can't get past the evidence and the proof. I can't get past the evidence, it's impossible to do. You are the reason that I can't deny the truth. I can't get past the evidence of YOU."




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the praise this morning and letting us see into your life. It is wonderful to see others and their worship of our Lord and all His creation.
    Good job faithful servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words! I hope your life is as blessed as mine has been : )

    ReplyDelete